SAMSUNG | Enable Android USB Debugging Mode
For your Android device needs to have USB Debugging enabled.
Android 2.x - 3.x devices:
Go to Settings > Application > Development > USB Debugging.
Android 4.x devices:
Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
NOTE: For the Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.2.2, you may need to unlock Developer Options before it is available within the Menu:
- Go to Android home screen.
- Pull down the notification bar.
- Tap "Settings"
- Tap "About Device"
- Tap on the "Build Number" button about 7 times.
- Developer Mode should now be unlocked and available in Settings > More > Developer Options
A special note about the Kindle Fire and the Kindle Fire HD:
- Kindle Fire always has USB Debugging mode on.
- You can enable USB Debugging on the Kindle Fire HD by pulling down the notifications drawer, tapping More > Security > Enable ADB